Monday 25 August 2014

First post :)

Hi! I'm Kasi, a 22 years old business student who lives in Devon. 

We are surrounded on all sides by an incredible variety of breath-taking countryside: Dense woods, winding rivers, vast expanses of moorland. The West Country is one of the few places in the UK where we are known as much for our natural beauty as we are for our biggest industry, and It’s an industry it has existed since the dawn of civilisation.

The thing is - We take it all so much for granted! I am definitely guilty of rocking up at the supermarket and slinging things into my trolley without any thought for how it got there. Sure, we all know that steak comes from cows, and apples grow on trees (right?) but how much do we really know about our most essential industry? How much do we care?

My aim is to answer both of those questions. I want to explore what goes into getting food on our table; how this process is changing as we move deeper into the 21st century; and what society's attitude towards the industry means for everybody involved.

I hope to have a new post out approximately once a week and may be about anything as long as it relates to the food industry, but there will be no recipes or food reviews. There are hundreds of food blogs on the internet that do a fantastic job of these things, and as I'm neither a fantastic cook or an esteemed food critic, this won't be one of them.

There will be cake though, so be sure to check back!

Please let me know your thoughts, I'm really keen to get everybody's views. Email me at kasijankowski@gmail.com and/or comment in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment